Healthy Workplace Derbyshire Scheme
July 16th, 2015
NEW SCHEME HELPS DERBYSHIRE WORKPLACES BUILD A HEALTHIER FUTURE
Local businesses have the chance to improve the health and happiness of their workforce thanks to a new, free, programme launched by Derbyshire County Council.
The Healthy Workplaces Derbyshire scheme offers health and wellbeing support that is tailored to individual organisation's needs.
Currently 16 local businesses, with over 5,000 staff, have already signed up to the scheme and more are being encouraged to get on board.
The Healthy Workplaces team work with organisations to identify ways to engage staff, support wellbeing and improve health.
Help and support is on offer and includes the following:
- Assessing an organisation's current situation and highlighting key areas for change
- Supporting health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Putting in place long term solutions for preventing ill health
- Developing strategies and action plans for making improvements
- Providing information on local services
- Providing advice and support on mental health and wellbeing, healthy eating, physical activity, stop smoking support and alcohol and substance misuse
- Offering training opportunities
More details can be found here